Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I like it, I like it not.....

Yesterday was Cody's first day of school, and boy was it a rough morning.  We were supposed to be picked up from the hotel at 630 because we didn't know if the bus came at 7 or 730, and it's 1.5 miles down the road.  At 635 he wasn't there so we started walking.  Walking FAST.  Cody was crying the whole time because he wanted a break but I wouldn't let him because we couldn't chance missing it.  His foot hurt, his leg hurt, his stomach or something around it hurt, and it was cold.  But since we were walking so fast I actually warmed up pretty quick. Oh, and I wasn't wearing shoes to walk in since I was expecting a ride.  Right as we were getting to the stop our ride showed up and took us the last little bit of the way.  We got there at 7, they are allowed to board at 710 and they leave at 715.  Well of course he isn't on the list to be able to ride the bus, so the driver had to call somebody and see if he could go.  Luckily he could because we have pretty much no way to get a hold of anyone except the phone at the hotel.  Oh and did I  mention I locked myself out of the hotel when we were leaving?  I figured someone would be up by the time I got back, but no.  I stood outside for 45 minutes.  At least our old room was open so I could go sit by the heater and warm up.  At 8 Hugo was up so he let me back in.  As soon as I got back in the room I just cried.  I was so freezing cold and all of the stress from the last 4 days hit me like a ton of bricks.  I had to just cry it out and then remind myself that it will get better.  Living in a room with 4 people and nowhere to put anything and no easy access to food is only temporary! 

Cody in front of his bus.  They have seatbelts and watch cartoons in the morning

After warming up and going back to sleep until 1030, the day started getting better.  We took the bus to Uden again to get Cody a belt since all his pants fall down, also got the boys a couple of toys.  We went to a BBQ last night at one of the guys houses so we got to meet a few more people.  It was nice finally being able to talk to people more in depth, especially the wives.  And it was nice for the kids to be able to play with other kids.  Seems like everyone we meet is leaving within a year, and most people we are meeting now will be gone by next September.

At their house.  Most comfy chair ever!

So what started out as a crappy day turned into a good day, and it was Brandon's last day of not working in what seems like forever.  Everything is just going to take more and more getting used to and I think we will like it very much.

After school.  Trying to smile after he hurt his hand.  I don't remember how.
And trying to smile while pulling up his pants

1 comment:

  1. Awww. Sounds like you had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! :( Some days are like that... Even in the Netherlands! I'm sure things will get better for you once you have a house! I'm telling you, you should call that Bishop, I bet they can hook you up with some people who are staying longer than a year and have kids.