Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crayon Art

I finally had some time to try my own crayon art today.  Here is a step by step of how it was done!

I already had a blank canvas that was covered in fabric, so I took the fabric off.  It's pretty large, I do not recommend starting with such a big one the first time.

Taking the wrappers off of the crayons took a lot longer than I thought. I tried keeping similar colors together.  Originally I was going to try and do some sort of wave pattern, but I didn't have enough blue. So here's what I came up with:

Broken Crayons

Hoping it turns out ok.......

Next I put parchment paper over the whole thing and melted the crayons. I just used my iron set on the highest dry setting. Some spots melted quickly and other I had to keep hold it on for awhile.  I spread them out (with the iron) as they melted to fill in most of the white space. There were some parts I had to go back over again that were not melted enough.


And this is the final product:


Crayon Art

The lower corner is a little too grey, but it is growing on me.  It's a little dark but I do love the color in the middle.  Hopefully I can take down the mirror in the living room and hang it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment