Thursday, September 15, 2011

Staying Busy

Just wanted to check in and say we are are still doing great, just busy and not a lot of time to update!  I am taking 3 classes this semester, Brandon is taking one, Cody is being homeschooled, and Brice and I go to Mommy and Me once a week, so everyone is learning something!!  Last weekend Brandon and I were able to go to a base in Germany for the Air Force Ball.  It was so nice to be able to dress up and not be in a uniform. 

Brandon had to update his ribbon rack with a Commendation and with a bronze star for receiving marksman a couple more times.  It looks like he will be sewing on Tech Sergeant in January, so he'll need to update the stripes!

Last night I took two of my friends with me to see Tops In Blue.  It was a nice surprise to see the Director, his assistant, and the music director were all over here with the team.  They rarely all travel together and it was so nice to see them all.  I was more emotional that I have been at past shows, I think because it does make a difference being over here and away from everything that is comfortable and familier.  The show was fun and amazing and I'm so glad I drove the hour and a half to see it. 

I'm starting to work on planning Cody's birthday party and our anniversary.  Time is going by way to fast, and September will be over before we know it.  I can't believe we have been here a year already, the next 3 are going to fly by. 

This weekend is another busy one, friday night there is a party at the club we are going to, Saturday I am taking a CPR class, Saturday night I am hosting Give Parents a Break, and Sunday will be finishing up homework.  Hopefully we can squeeze in a movie on Sunday, we've been trying to do that every week while Brice takes his nap. 

I really would just like to go back to bed but we need to do school and then go to the Spouse Luncheon and have a play date.  Every Thursday we are going to be getting together with the two other homeschooling families so the kids can play and we can talk to adults!  Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment